1. Do not let them steal your time: (avoid trivial tasks you can delegate)
- Ineffective meetings
- Work desk, papers and files.
2. Define Goals and Objectives
- Focus on a few things: most of the time we are dedicated to solve minor problems.
- Focus on a few goals but important, be more efficient to address one wing of time.
3. Prepare written plans
- Dedicate eight minutes a day to prepare for daily work.
- Anticipate less agitation and stress in the entire course of the day.
- Planning means to achieve personal and professional goals better and faster.
- Save and buy time for the really important tasks and objectives (management tasks, employees, creativity, family, leisure).
- Having an overview of all projects, tasks and activities.
4. Use daily plans
- Write tasks, activities and dates.
- Calculate the duration of activities.
- Book downtime.
- Make decisions about priorities and synthesize possibilities of delegation.
- Rear control – Leave it pending for another day.
5. Set priorities (gives you advantages)
- Determine A (most important issues, which only you can solve)
- Determine B (important tasks that can be delegated)
- Determine C (minor tasks that are time consuming and are 100% delegated).
6. Consider the yield curve
- In the morning you will have the most energy, that energy reserve to meet the most important situations.
- In the afternoon (after lunch) will begin to decline in strength until the late afternoon.
- Take short breaks several times a day, no more than 10 minutes, walk and breathe fresh air.
7. Me time
- Always include in your list to set aside a time for yourself.
- Decide by objective: Is it necessary to perform this certain task myself or is it better to collaborate with someone?
- Delegate tasks and monitor. Motivate and encourage your subordinate.
- Delegate daily as often as you can especially when support is always available.
9. Write an agenda
- Remember it is better to have everything in writing!
10. Be consistent
- Use techniques well on planning time and work methods. You will save about 10 and 20% of your time every day!
- A consistent time management on the basis of the above principles, not only will that significantly improve the planning, control and overview, but also help to reduce daily stress and thus be able to enjoy a sense of more optimistic and positive life.
- Get used to writing the next plan after working daytime. Display the course of the next day!
- Contemplate on the most important tasks to perform the next day. Set in writing the time to carry them out.