No doubt a lot of us would want to start the year right. In order to get things going for us, perhaps it would be just as ideal to start living healthy.
Here we give some tips to start the year in a healthy way, and overcome the very long holiday season excesses.
Varieties of high-caloric meals, snacks, sweets are some of the temptations that almost all of us enjoyed last holiday season. As a result, we all gained a remarkable amount of weight.
All these excesses cause a range of nutritional imbalances, which is why January is the most convenient time to get back to good eating habits and follow the tips we propose to start the year in a healthy way:
- Make it a habit to eat 5 portions of fruits and vegetables during the day. Inserting a piece of fruit or a glass of fresh juice at breakfast will start the day in a healthy manner. As for dessert during dinner and mid morning or afternoon tea, fruits are the best allies. At lunch and dinner, boiled vegetables, fried, mashed or cooked in salads and as a garnish, are essential to balance the daily menu.
- Exercise is the perfect complement to a healthy diet to keep a healthy lifestyle. We must find engage in a physical activity that is most compatible with our daily routine and avoid “binge” gym that are difficult to maintain over time. Such as taking the stairs instead of taking the elevator, walking instead of taking the car for short trips, bicycling or walking to school or work, and if you are away, down a bus stop before. The active family leisure is a good option to reduce a sedentary lifestyle in the whole family, especially in children.
- Do not consume unhealthy snacks, so if we cannot resist taking snacks, it is best to consume fresh fruits, as they are the best and healthiest snacks. However, it is recommended that you have 5 meals spread throughout the day: breakfast, mid morning, lunch, snack and dinner.
- Add in the usual recipes, varieties of fresh vegetables, which are always seasonal, tasty and cheap. With this, you get to maintain a healthy and balanced diet.
- Water is your best drink. Hydrating your body with lots of water is vital for your health.
We want to help you face the new year with energy and vitality, so always deal with your hunger with fruits and vegetables!